…But you are not done yet!
Step 2 of 2: Confirm your subscription
You will need to confirm your subscription in order to receive your mini-course. It is really easy to do, and takes about 30 seconds.
You will not receive access to the newsletter until you complete the below setup.
- Check your email inbox.
- Open the email from me with Subject: “please confirm your subscription”. (If you don’t see the email, please wait for a minute or two)
- Click on the blue link, and that’s it!
Note: Please be sure to “whitelist” or “safelist” my email address – email@example.com – or your email system might delete my emails as spam before you see them.
CPA, which stands for Certified Public Accountant, is an accounting qualification granted by the US government (State Board of Accountancy) to individuals who fulfill certain education and experience requirement as a public accountant. The CPA title is one of the most globally recognized professional qualifications, and arguably the most prestigious in the accounting field.
Only CPAs are allowed to own (either as sole owner or as partners) a public accounting firm, and only CPAs can sign the audit report on behalf of the firm.
While there is no requirement for CPAs in private business, many big corporations strongly prefer their senior financial professionals to have a CPA qualification to show their knowledge and expertise in the accounting field.
What is CPA, and Why Become One?
Now that you understand what is a CPA, you may want to know why people want to join the CPA family:
- Respect and prestige
- Higher income generating power (see the CPA salary guide)
- High and increasing demand for CPA
- Excellent job security
- Good work-life balance
You can learn more about why become a CPA here.
How To Become a CPA?
You will need to fulfill the “3 Es” requirements:
To find out the details for each requirement, please click the link how to become a CPA here.
For Your Further Reading
This is a page dedicated to female finance professionals who aim high to break the glass ceiling.
Male-Female Salary Disparity by Region
The IMA run three salary surveys in three different regions — the United States, China and the Middle East — based on thousands of their members in each of the region. These members may not be CMA charterholders but almost all work in the finance and accounting field.
Not surprisingly the US enjoys the best gender equality and China isn’t too far behind. Middle Eastern female has a long challenges ahead. They are also the least represented with only 7% of respondents being female.
Here is the analyses by region. You can get the detailed report at the bottom of each post:
Other Posts For Female Accounting and Finance Professionals
I would like to write more articles in this topic. For now, hope you find the following post useful for your upcoming interview and important business meetings:
Best-Selling Books On Women and Business
Here are some of the most popular books on women and business, written by women. If you have other good articles and books to share, I’d love to hear from you.
The CFO’s scope responsibility has evolved from bean counter and oversight to the “strategic advisor”, as accounting itself evolves from collecting, validating and reporting data to providing and supporting analysis for decision making.
both financial and non-financial key performance indicators, e.g. churn rate of telecom companies.
An exterme case is Amazon on now they use predictable analysis by using algorithms bsaed on customer shopping patterns, ratings to suggest to customers items they would likely be interested.
Also, at the operational level, Amazon uses weather climate models for more efficient shipping.
But need a team to start asking intelligent questions.
It’s progressive for the accounting function to provide marketing and sales with a reliable and accurate picture of which custoems are more profitable and which are less profitable.
I attempted to list below the most frequently asked questions related to accounting jobs as well as career advancement and alternatives. If you have a question that you cannot find an answer to, please drop a note below and I’ll do my best to respond as soon as I can.
- What does it like being an accountant working in a CPA firm vs in a corporate?
- How do I choose between Big 4 accounting vs smaller CPA firms?
Crafting Your Resume
- Should I write an “objective” for accounting resume?
- Create Your Own Accounting Cover Letter In 10 Minutes With This Template
- Download This Accounting Resume Template If You Are Still In College
Acing Your Interviews
- How do I dress for the interview? Male and Female wardrobes
- Specific brand recommendations for ladies for interviews
Upgrading Your Career
- 5 ideas on how you can upgrade your accounting career
- Should I go for CPA?
- CPA vs accountant is it the same thing?
- Global accounting and finance certifications at a glance
Breaking into Big 4
Making the Decision
- Is Big 4 experience really worth it?
- What exactly is the work nature in Big 4?
- Comparison of Big 4 vs smaller accounting firms
- Big 4 hiring process at a glance
- What is the hiring season?
- Do Big 4 only hire good-looking people?
- How to impress a Big 4 senior manager over lunch
- I’ve accepted the offer. What’s next?
- Would my offer get revoked after background check?
How to Survive and Excel in Your First Year
- Your first day, first month and first client at Big 4
- How should I dress on my first day of work?
- Big 4 salary by major city
- Big 4 bonus for passing the CPA Exam: What exactly are the perks?
- How to get rated a 1 (top performer) in your next review
How to Excel in Second Year and Beyond
Exit Opportunities and Strategies
- I’ve enough. When is the best time to leave Big 4?
General Accounting Firms and Departments
- How to get into accounting beyond campus recruiting?
- My accounting salary negotiation tips
- Should I discuss salary level for internship positions?
Tips for New Accountants
- What level of excel skills is required for first-year associates?
- I am working under an awful audit senior. Is there any way out?
- Do I get enough billable hours?